No announcement yet.

Какви ще бъдат новите самолети на ВВС

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgaria To Buy Expensive, Third-Hand F-16 Aircraft

The Bulgarian Defense Ministry has decided to acquire expensive third-hand F-16s from Portugal, according to the Bulgarian media reports.

The Bulgarian government will pay approximately BGN 700 M for nine F-16s Block 15 to Portugal even though in 1999 Portugal paid twice less – BGN 268 M – to the US government for 25 second-hand F-16 planes, the Bulgarian daily Sega reported Thursday.

Gen. Rumen Radev told the Presa daily that the Portuguese deal was the best option because it included everything necessary for the operation of the planes, while Gripen and Italy offered only the planes without arms and with only the most basic land equipment for their operation.

According to Radev, even though the second-hand fighter jets from Portugal are already 30-years-old, they can be used for 25 more years.

Интересно по какъв курс е смятано и дали е истина. Португалците май ще се окажат добри търговци

Comment

Из форума на Кийпъблишинг, португалец разказва за техните самолети, положението е шарено. Във всеки случай не може да си представи машините да летят още 25 години, нито пък имало някакво значително количество въоръжение в Португалия, че да можем да го закупим (тоест едва ли сделката включва ракети и подобни). Ама хич не звучи розово:

- Portugal received 17/3 F-16A/B-15OCU in 1994's "Peace Atlantis I" deal. They were fresh new and all remaining 19 (one A crashed in 2002) have since been MLUed (the last one made its first MLU flight just weeks ago). These 19 MLU aircraft are NOT for sale. (serials 15101-15120)

- During "Peace Atlantis II" 21/4 F-16A/B-15 were purchased from AMARC stocks in 1999. From these, one is a travelling exhibit, another is on display at Monte Real's AB gate and two others are used for spares. The remaining 21 (17 As and 4 Bs) are being upgraded, the last one should be flying before the summer. One BM crashed in 2008 during its first flight. (serials 15121-15141)

- When the upgrade programme reaches its end this summer Portugal should have 39 F-16MLUs (33 AM + 6 BM)

- In 2005 the Portuguese Government put up for sale 12 F-16MLU and even released the serial numbers of 10 of the aircraft involved. These are the only F-16s available for sale. Some (specially the two-seaters) have much more flying hours than others because they went out of the upgrade line much earlier too (and Bs usually fly more, also) but basically the single-seaters are not the most flown for sure. A quick review on some of the mentioned aircraft's first flight after MLU dates:
      - F-16BM 15139 (2004)
      - F-16BM 15138 (2005)
      - F-16BM 15137 (2006)
      - F-16AM 15125/15126/15127/15128 (2007/2008)
      - F-16AM 15129 (2009)
      - F-16AM 15130 (2010)
      - F-16AM 15131 (2013)

These aircraft are MLU-M5 and have excellent capabilities, have Falcon-UP and STAR and can fly a few more thousand hours but as they've been flying here in Portugal for some time i doubt they'll fly 25 more years in Bulgaria or Romania even they were sold tomorrow. So, basically i share the Bulgarian General's opinion about this sale possibility, but i don't understand this part:

Quote:
      the Portuguese deal was the best option because it included everything necessary for the operation of the planes, while Gripen and Italy offered only the planes without arms and with only the most basic land equipment for their operation.

What arms was he talking about? I'm pretty sure we don't even have enough for our needs much less to sell! Regarding equipment, i don't believe we have excess of anything that may be of much use to them. Let us wait for more episodes of this story....

Abraços!
      „Аз, Драгомир, писах.
      Аз, Севаст Огнян, бях при цар Шишман кефалия и много зло патих. В това време турците воюваха. Аз се държах за вярата на Шишмана царя.“

Модератор на раздел "Военна Авиация"

Comment

Working...
      X