No announcement yet.

What does "boina slava" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Originally posted by "rambler"

that if we used latin we would be closer to the developed western world.
    Sounds anti-logic to me :roll:
    Спасибо Вам, Георгий Константинович, за то, что спасли Россию! Вечная вам память!

Comment

I think they should stick with cyrillic. It must be funny when arrogant American tourists are trying to find their way around Sofia and have no idea what the writing says. Do you get that in places like Sofia or are signs printed in cyrillic and latin?
      тун! тун!
      Черно-белая Армия!

!! для нюкасл !!

Comment

Oh I have one more question which just crossed my mind...

When people translate things from Cyrillic into Latin alphabet sometimes they look awkward to me. For example the Russian classical composer Чайковский is written in the West as Tchaikovsky. I mean, is there any need for the letter T??

Not a great example but the first one that came to my head. I thought maybe it's because his name was translated into latin alphabet by the French. For example, the French don't have a letter which sounds like the English "J" (the J in Jean or Jacques is different) so they have to use "dj" to have the same sound as the English J, or something like that. Maybe that's how Tchaikovky came to have a T in his name???

Just a thought I had. Sorry this is getting pretty dull now isn't it?
        тун! тун!
        Черно-белая Армия!

!! для нюкасл !!

Comment

Street signs are in both cyrillic and latin

and rambler, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. :roll:
          albireo написа
          ...в този форум... основно е пълно с теоретици, прогнили интелигенти и просто кръчмаро-кибици...

Comment

Originally posted by "IAH"

I think they should stick with cyrillic. It must be funny when arrogant American tourists are trying to find their way around Sofia and have no idea what the writing says. Do you get that in places like Sofia or are signs printed in cyrillic and latin?
            Even if they know Bulgarian it is still questionable whether they will find their way in Sofia. :lol:

BTW When I said in Germany, that all slavic languages come from bulgarian, they said this wasnt true, and that all slavic languages come from the Russians.They said, that i was a nationalist of some sort 8)
            He, who controls the past, controls the future, and he, who controls the present, controls the past

Comment

well, it's not like "all slavic languages come from bulgarian", neither from russian.....

however, the cyrillics were first adopted in the First Bulgarian Empire and only a few centuries later got to Russia...
              albireo написа
              ...в този форум... основно е пълно с теоретици, прогнили интелигенти и просто кръчмаро-кибици...

Comment

Originally posted by "Imperial Friedrich"

well, it's not like "all slavic languages come from bulgarian", neither from russian.....

however, the cyrillics were first adopted in the First Bulgarian Empire and only a few centuries later got to Russia...
                But thats what they teach us in school, isnt it?I only remember the long lectures of the teachers back in my school years.
                He, who controls the past, controls the future, and he, who controls the present, controls the past

Comment

Abe .... Russian rulezzzz! 8)
                  Демокрация не е да правиш каквото си искаш, а да не правиш това, което не искаш.

请您死在地狱般的阵痛
                  [qing nin si zai di yu ban de zhen tong]
                  きさまはしんでくださいませんか
                  [kisamawa shinde kudasaimasenka]

Comment

rambler makes sense, it would be good praise to the Roman race to speak their heroic tounge, as a symbol that the european race knows their real root racial status quo

Comment

Originally posted by "gbotto"

rambler makes sense, it would be good praise to the Roman race to speak their heroic tounge, as a symbol that the european race knows their real root racial status quo
                      as if there is a single representative of that "roman" race you're talking about left....

....and the slavs have nothing to do with the romans anyway so I'd say we stick to our own language
                      albireo написа

Comment

the most "roman" race that remains is the "Piedmonte" race in northern Italy, or possibly the Lombardian Racial Type

the same genetics, the same physical features, the same mental pre-despositons

Comment

Originally posted by "IAH"

Whats funny about people using a language that uses a diffrent racial language type? Maybe you should be "funny" for being part of the Anglo-Saxon racial type?

Comment

I was saying such a scenario must be funny. Tourists have a hard enough time finding their way around London let alone combatting a different alphabet.

So do all big cities in Slavic countries have latin writing as well as cyrillic on signs etc? There aren't any dedicated rebels out there refusing to put the latin alphabet up?

In the UK there is a fight to preserve certain dialects. It is feared Scottish gaelic is dying rapidly. If they lose another 10,000 speakers it will no longer officially be a language according to a BBC report. In Wales they began putting all signs in Welsh as well as English (75% of people in Wales don't speak any Welsh) and it has had some success, but some say they are fighting a losing war because of so much cultural integration and the influence of the media etc. A lot of the geordie dialect has died in the last 100 years but there is a constant fight to keep it alive. In some small ways TV has helped geordie dialect (which many used to consider a language in it's own right) gain recognition, but overall has done far more damage imo. In Ireland gaelic is going pretty strong, but how long that will be so is uncertain. It would be ashame for these languages to just die off imo.
                            тун! тун!
                            Черно-белая Армия!

!! для нюкасл !!

Comment

Piedmontese has remained strong, alot due to the help of the Turin Fascist Party (AFdT) and the local branch office of the radical-right "Blackshirt Group"

Comment

Originally posted by "Imperial Friedrich"

First Bulgarian Empire
                                Empire? What Empire? :lol: There was First Bulgarian Tzarstvo, but NO Empire. If Bulgaria had some trritories besides these on th Balkans -the yes, but... :roll:
                                Спасибо Вам, Георгий Константинович, за то, что спасли Россию! Вечная вам память!

Comment

Working...
                                X