Bulgaria in WWI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

1913 ?

crapouillot написа
    Je cherche l'ordre de bataille de la IIIe Armée à l'ouverture de la campagne contre la Roumanie, avec les unités allemandes.
    Merci

Search for the battle order of the IIIrd Bulgarian army at the beginning of the campaign, with the german units.
    Thanks
    Sylvain
    Is it 1913 or 1916? In 1913 there are not German units (and 3rd Bulgarian army was not there).

Comment

Ако мислиш за 1 година напред, посей ориз, ако мислиш за 10 години напред, засади дърво, а ако мислиш за 100 години напред - образовай населението!!!

Comment

In 1916 ! In fact I search some info about the first part of the campaign in the Dobroujda : i have found an article on this forum about the Turtucaia battle, and i want to konow more about the battles against roumanian and 47e russian corps.

Comment

Bulgarian POWs

Hello, I am new to the forum and hope someone can help me. The time and place I am interested in is Salonika and Macedonia in the first half of 1917. Some Bulgarian POWs reported (incorrectly) U-boat activity in the port of Kavalla, and I am trying to find the source of this story.
          Does anybody know which Allied camps held Bulgarian POWs from these areas?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
          Bruce

Comment

Bulgarian opolchenie

I would like to know something about employment of opolchenie during WW1. Was opolchenie employes also on the front or did it serve only as garrison troops? I know that during Balkan was at least 58th Inf. Rgt. was composed by opolchenie battalions and fought bravely during the siege of Odrin with 11th Division. And during WW1?
            Thanks.

Comment

bulgarian navy

Hi
              i was wondering what kind of fleet did Bulgaria have in WWI? (1914-1918)

did they big capital ships?
              submarines?

Comment

sturmpanzer написа
                Hi
                i was wondering what kind of fleet did Bulgaria have in WWI? (1914-1918)

did they big capital ships?
                submarines?
                In Russian:
                We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
                ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Etappe Regiment

Reading (or better trying to read) the VERY VERY VERY interesting book about First Bulgarian Army in the first weeks of WW1, I found a mention of a 8th Etappe regiment. Can anybody tell me anything about this kind of regiment? By wich kind of troops (opolchenie?) was it composed?
                  Thanks

Comment

AFAIK this was a unit that was responsible for training and transfering troops to the front.
                    ---Anais Nin----

Comment

MCP написа
                      Reading (or better trying to read) the VERY VERY VERY interesting book about First Bulgarian Army in the first weeks of WW1, I found a mention of a 8th Etappe regiment. Can anybody tell me anything about this kind of regiment? By wich kind of troops (opolchenie?) was it composed?
                      Thanks
                      Hello, my old friend!

Etappe regiments in ww1 encompassed soldiers aged 45-46 (i.e. those belonging to opolchenie between first ban -40-44 and opolchenie second ban - 47-48). They were mainly responsable for guarding communication lines and rear duty. During mobilisation in 1915 every infantry division fielded one etappe regiment of two battalions each. There were in total ten Etappe regiments and nine separate Etappe labor battalions in 1918.

Best regards
                      Nikolay

Comment

Nikolay is right of course - my mistake
                        ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Many thanks. Nikolay is always well informed!

Comment

Excuse me but I have another question. Thanks to Easter holidays I have some free time and I'm trying to put in order my files. In Dibo's Организационна история на БА, I found an interesting an answer of a question that I made sometimes ago, but I'm not sure of the translation. Please help me! :sm186:
                            About Macedonia Military Inspection I read:
                            От юни 1918 г. тя е разделена на окупационни райони, а от 11 август с. г. — на Скопска и Щипска дивизи-онни области с по пет полкови военни окръжия.
                            I'm not sure that I have understand correctly the words in bold.
                            Thanks.

Comment

е разделена на окупационни райони
                              ...divided in occupation zones(districts)...
                              Eighteen out of twelve apostles are buried in Spain.

Comment

Thanks once more :nworthy: .

Comment

Working...
                                X