Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operations in Yugoslavia, October - November 1944 - help needed with literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Operations in Yugoslavia, October - November 1944 - help needed with literature

Hi,

I am currently working on a overview of operations in October and November 1944, and I need some help with Bulgarian literature on the subject. So far, I have some early descriptions of these events published in Воено исторически сборник 18/57 (София, 1946), and several chapters (albeit dealing with the period September-early October 1944) from Отечествената война на България 1944-1945г. том 1. (София , 1961). Would these be considered reliable as far as the basics are concerned (troop movements, dates, strengths & losses on the Bulgarian side), or should I be looking for other sources? What is the situation with military historiography in recent years, are there any new takes on these events? Does the 1985 version of the Отечествената война offer any information compared with its predecessor? Also, is there a way to find any of these on the net, including the Отечествената война на България 1944–1945 г. Документи и материали. Съст. Й. Вангелов, Т. Евтимов, Л. Петрова, Д. Тангълов. Т. 1–4, С., 1978–1982.? In any case, I would be very grateful for scans of chapters or documents dealing with the Kosovo Operation; everything else would be a welcome bonus.

Many thanks in advance,

V. Velebit

Anyone? Answers in Bulgarian are also welcome.

Thanks,

V. Velebit

Comment

Working...
    X