No announcement yet.

Интересности

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Интересности

Пускам тази тема, за да има къде да се пускат (кой на каквото интересно попадне) различни статии и интервюта, въобще - разни интересни материали (от тук и името на темата) около създаването на военни игрови системи и по-общо - симулиране на военни конфликти чрез игра. Разбира се, става и за обсъждане, не само за пускане на връзки.

Отварям темата с едно интервю с Philip Sabin за последната му книга (ще се опитам да си я намеря) и уоргейминга въобще.
    Няколко момента, които вадя от него, защото ми харесват (но не е всичко интересно, цялото си струва да се прочете):
    What advice would you give military planners when wargaming?

Funnily enough I was talking to one of my research students last night about this very issue. He is doing his research on how armies use wargaming. Wargaming is often just done by going for the simplest, most accessible approach. The idea that you would use rules or dice is seen as silly. And in effect, it becomes “let’s just talk about the plan.” I think the key thing is to move beyond simple discussion of a plan to the explicit articulation of an active opponent. Now, already there is the concept of red teaming. And basically that is ‘what if the enemy does this? Well then, OK, we’ll use our reserves to counter, and so on.’ That is certainly better than congratulating yourself as I was doing when I had my forces going around the wood.

The problem with red teaming is that it is disconnected. In reality, the enemy faces the same planning challenges your own force does. They need to come up with a coherent plan. They have to think about the dilemmas they face. One of the most important differences between wargaming and red teaming is that in wargaming you have someone playing the opposing side and trying to win. This is crucial. They are not just the loyal opposition going through the motions. They are really trying to beat you. And they’ve faced the dilemma that they have the same force, space, and time constraints as you do, but within that they have the freedom to operate. The opposing side will be really pleased if they win, but in fact it’s good if they win because it’s a wargame — it’s not reality. It’s very important that if you are going to have something go badly wrong, it is better for that to happen before you do the real thing and people are dying. That’s the most important component: to have enemies who are trying to win and who are thinking separately from your own side.

Let me give you one illustration how this really became clear to me. This is from a project I worked on with the British Army. It was a two sided game. Two forces were playing against one another, and one of them was using British forces and set up a textbook ambush. They had the killing zone laid out, they had their holding forces ready, they had some tanks hidden in the wood ready to come in on the flank, and they were just waiting for the enemy to come into the killing zone where the decisive blow would be struck. And so they waited. Then they asked “Where is he?” and “Why is he not coming?” And then they realized, “Oh no! He is on the flank!” That really brought out that the enemy has a very important vote. That is where wargaming comes in.

There are all sorts of mechanical issues that arise — whether to use dice, and so on. But frankly those are second order issues compared to having a team playing the opponent and trying to win. Red needs to be constrained, they can’t suddenly use forces in places that they don’t have them. But it is through wargaming a situation several times that you get a sense of the variety. A wargame is not an exercise. When you take troops out and you want to make sure they all get the training value, there needs to be a scripted element to it. But a wargame mustn’t be scripted, because that destroys the whole point of it. And you mustn’t use your magical powers to restore things. For example, when the Japanese were wargaming the Battle of Midway, some of their carriers got sunk, and they said that would never happen, so they revived them. But of course, when they lost them for real, they couldn’t magically revive them — they weren’t Gods anymore.
    Забавно е, че същите разговори сме имали не веднъж в "алтернативни теми" из форума. Едната страна започва да гради план и без реално отиграване той, естествено, е "идеален". Липсата на противник, който действа в "реално време" не позволява да се провери наистина идеята, защото диалогичният режим просто не работи добре за това.

I don’t think it is defined by parameters such as the number of players or the playing time, important as those are. I think the basis of a good board game or wargame is that it involves the players and gets them deciding things. It faces them with dilemmas. If players can clearly see what they need to do, well then they are just going through the motions. Wargames come to life when there are real choices, and the best strategies are far from obvious.

The balance between skill and luck, and the involvement of the players, are crucial.
    Last edited by gollum; 27-07-2016, 16:45.

Една интересна статия от "Уоргеймър" върху определена промяна във военните (и цивилните) системи за военни игри последните няколко десетилетия - от доста детерминистични, в които играчът има много голяма степен на контрол върху "активите" си в играта към системи с доста голяма доза случайност ("триене"). Мисля че си струва за четене на когото такива неща са му интересни. Написана е от човек, който едновременно е бил и военен специалист, ангажиран в провеждането на такива игри, играл е и "цивилните" версии и сам се е пробвал в създаването на системи.

Comment

Интересен документ за организиране на мегаигра:
      XV mile the sea brode is
      From Turkey to the Ile of Rodez...

Comment

При мен нищо не се отваря.

Comment

Дали успях да го прикача? Групата във фб е отворена, казва се Megagame Makers.
          Attached Files
          "Мисля, че видът на изпотени мъже им въздействаше." - дан Глокта

Comment

Успя, благодаря .

Comment

Working...
            X