Съобщение

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulgarians uniform of the Great War - on photos and in practice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgarians uniform of the Great War - on photos and in practice!

Greetings, fellow researchers!

First of all, I want to say a few word about me, as a form of introduction. I'm from Poland, and I'm a dedicated historian and researcher. My main topic of interest is the period of First World War, and to be more specific - the Imperial German Army, but lately I've been also fascinated by the Russian Civil War and Balkan Front of the Great War.

I am also a passionate and keen photographies collector... And that's the reason why I've found this forum. It was an effect of my efforts to find a suitable sources of informations.

I've got a big problem with finding the differences (on photos) between Russian and Bulgarian uniforms from the period of Great War. I know, that in the combat practice the identification was easier, but on period photos many details are hard to determine - and furthermore, I've just started the research about the Balkans and Russian military uniforms.

It is especially embarassing for me, because I've got a collection of photographs taken by the German officers, whose fought both on Russian and Macedonian front... And I can't say, which photos were taken where.

I've got two requests... Or rather - kind asks for help.

The long-termed is - I will be grateful for giving me the links to the Bulgarian (or in other languages) sites about the Bulgarian uniform used during the 1915-1918 period. It would extremelly helpful, if someone could give me a tips, pointing the elements of Bulgarian uniform that are characteristic only for Bulgarian military and can be easily recognised and differ from Russian counterparts.

The short-termed ask for help is - if I'll post the "troublesome" photos from my collection, is there any chance that I'll find here a good-willed experts, wishing to help me with the identification of the units presented on the photos?

Best regards,
    Locutus

Hi Loctus. Here is one online resource: http://www.lostbulgaria.com/?cat=210

It's not dedicated specifically to military uniforms, rather a Bulgarian pictures from the Great War period. But I hope you could find some useful photos there.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Thank you Amazon, that can and will be a great help!

Still, now I know that there's a hard task before me...

About the short-termed help - here's one of the photos from my collection that I've mentioned. What do you say, are they Bulgarian, or Russian soldiers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	skanuj0133.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,010.0 КБ
ID:	548635

Comment

Russians
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
        ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Working...
        X