No announcement yet.

New books on Bulgarian history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

New books on Bulgarian history

The Nazfiger Collection have recently published a book on Serbo-Bulgarian War, 1885 :

Regenspursky, Colonel Serbo-Bulgarian War of 1885: Combat at Slivnitsa 8.5x11, translated and annotated by G.F.Nafziger (but the actual translator was lt. Barth of the 54th Infantry Regiment), O/b's and 2 maps (1 general & 1 battlefield). 1vol, 148pgs 2007

It is a very detailed account - for Western readers - of the 1885 war and expecially of the battle of Slivinitza. I found really interesting the detailed list of the Bulgarian troops arrived every day on the battlefield.
    The book is the translation of La Guerre Serbo-Bulgare de 1885. Combats de Slivinitsa (17, 18, 19 novembre), Paris, Berger-Levraukt et Cie. 1897.
    The author was col. Karl Regenspursky von Regйny (7.3.1850 - 2.4.1904) of the Austrian Army. The book was originally published in german as Die Kampfe bei Slivnica am 18., 18. und 19. November 1885. Nach authentischen Quellen bearb. von col. Regenspursky. - Wien, Seidel u. Sohn 1895.

The annex table are :
    1 - Distribution of Bulgarian and Rumelian Troops on 14 November 1885 (3 pages)
    2- Distribution of Bulgarian Troops at Slivinitza from 16-20 November (10 pages)
    3- Strenght of the [Serbian] Army of the Nisava from 17-19 November 1885 (5 pgs.)

Till now I have not found this book at Nafziger website. But it is available at
    Caliver Books.

I think you can identify without problem the man on the cover!

Dibo: Edit - more books on the war:

Dragoni Edler von Rabenhorst, Strategische Betrachtungen fiber den serbisch-bulgarischen Krieg (Vienna, 1886); Hungerbiihler, Die schweizerische Militarmission nach dem S.-B. Kriegsschauplatze (Frauenfeld, 1886); von Bilimek-Waissolm, Der serbisch-bulgarische Krieg (Vienna, 1886); A. E. von Huhn, Der Kampf der Bulgaren um ihre Nationaleinheit (Leipzig, 1886; Eng. trans. The Struggle of the Bulgarians for their National Independence, London, 1886); Mailer, Der serbisch-bulgarische Krieg, 1885 (Hanover, 1888) Regenspursky, Die Kdmpfe bei Slivnitza (Vienna, 1895); Der serbisch-bulgarische Krieg bis zum Waffenstilistande (Berlin, 1886); Der serbisch-bulgarische Krieg, eine militarische Studie (Berlin, 1887); Kunz, Taktische Beispiele aus den Kriegen der neuesten Zeit: I. Der serbisch-bulgarische Krieg (Berlin, 1901); Bujac, Prйcis de quelques campagnes contemporaines: I. Dans les Balkans (Limoges and Paris).
    Last edited by dibo; 26-01-2009, 22:29.

Good link, thanks, Marco!
    Никто не обнимет необъятного! - Козьма Прутков
    A який чоловiк горилку не п'є - то вiн або хворий, або падлюка. - Невідомий українець

Comment

Working...
    X