2 WWII generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

2 WWII generals

Am looking for any info on 2 generals who served in World War II:
    Tufonov (first name unknown) who was apparently chief of staff in 1943 and 1944.
    Murnov (again no first name) who commanded II Corps in 1942 and was in charge of the occupation of Thrace in 1942.
    That is absolutely all I know about them, so any assistance appreciated.
    Rich

rhlv написа
    Am looking for any info on 2 generals who served in World War II:
    Tufonov (first name unknown) who was apparently chief of staff in 1943 and 1944.
    Murnov (again no first name) who commanded II Corps in 1942 and was in charge of the occupation of Thrace in 1942.
    That is absolutely all I know about them, so any assistance appreciated.
    Rich
    "Tufonov" must be Major-General Trifon Trifonov. He was indeed Chief of the General Staff at the period 11.05.1944-06.09.1944. I have a bio of him here:
    Рестартирам темата. Моля не пишете в нея, освен ако не искате да добавите или коригирате нещо по вече написаното. Азбучен списък: A Абаджиев, Георги (http://forum.boinaslava.net/showpost.php?p=100786&postcount=55) - генерал-лейтенант (1937) Аврамов, Иван (http://forum.boinaslava.net/showpost.php?p=100790&postcount=56)

What exactly do you want to know about him?

I have not heard of a general named Murnov.....II corps was formed in November 1943. Commander was again Major-General Trifon Trifonov and later Major-General Asen Sirakov. Maybe you are refering to Lieutenant-General Georgi Markov who was commander of 2nd army when it entered Aegean Thrace in 1941?!

BTW is your info taken from www.generals.dk ?
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
    ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Thanks for the info. I looked over your link and think the info there will do. If not, I'll be back to ask more.
      Didn't find it at generals.dk but after I saw your reference to it, I went there and the info is the same. Don't know who originally had the info and who copied it. And of course, there were no sources listed either place.
      Thanks again. As usual I am in your debt.
      Rich

Comment

Working...
      X