Reenacting shows in Romania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Reenacting shows in Romania

Hello,

I'm a member of the 6th Dorobanti Regiment "Mihai Viteazul" Reenactment Group, one of the most prestigious units of the Romanian army. This unit was set up in 1872 and was disbanded in 1947, after the King abdication. So, our group "covers" the three major campaigns of the Romanian army: 1877-78 (The Independence War), 1916-1918 (WW1) and 1941-45 (WW2). Our association was organized in May 2004 and is now composed of 10 uniformed members, but other volunteers joined us during the shows. During that time we have participated on several shows in Romania and abroad. In August 2005 some of our fellows have participated at Shipka Battle reconstruction. We do hope this event will be organized also this year. We also participated on other foreign shows in Hungary and Czech Republic.

We have good contacts with Bulgarian re-enactors of “Traditsia” clubs, especially from Shumen, and hope to develop common interesting projects in the future. I’m happy to find this forum and I would like to share information on Balkan military history with any interested member. Unfortunately, another interesting forum: N.D. Traditzia ( http://forum.traditzia-bg.com/index.php ) which seems to give a lot of information on living-history events, is only in Bulgarian, so not accessible for a foreigner.

This year we are planning two living-history shows in Romania. The first will be held on 13th-14th of May, at the Military Museum of Bucharest and will be dedicated to the king Carol’s I epoch (1866-1914), so it will include also the Independence War (1877-1878). The second show will be probably on 2nd of September. The coordinator of this project is the National Military Museum of Bucharest and the Ministry of Defence. It will reconstruct the Battle of the Arges River, the most important confrontation of the 1916 campaign on the Romanian front, when three under-strengthened Romanian armies, with some Russian help, faced three "Central Powers" armies composed of Germans, Austro-Hungarians, Bulgarians and Turks. The show will be held at Mogosoaia, near Bucharest, in the old fortifications area. This event will have an international size, with re-enactors of Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, France, etc.

We will be very pleased if some Bulgarian reenactment groups will join us for these events, wearing adequate uniforms and equipment. For any interested people we could send a detailed program.

Best regards
    Attached Files

Last edited by ; 20-03-2006, 22:30.

Comment

Hello Valo!

Thank you for the pictures! Have you been there? Are you a reenactor?

Regards,

Comment

Last edited by ; 20-03-2006, 22:26.

Comment

Splendid Valo!

You could see me in the first photo, on the left side, as a First-Lieutenant of the Independence War (1877-78) and, in the second photo, carring the flag during the Komarom show, as a WW1 First-Lieutenant.

Unfortunately I wasn't at Shipka in august 2005.

Are you a member of a reenactment (Turkish army) group?

Regards,

Comment

Last edited by ; 20-03-2006, 22:25.

Comment

Hi Kepi,
              Join to our forum www.traditzia-bg.com. Over there is our new home!
              I am honoured to inform you and your company to see our project.
              То исторически филми в България не се правят, щото няма продуктово позициониране - Симеон Цветков 2012г.

Comment

Hello Parabellum,

I already have seen the most interesting forum: www.traditzia-bg.com. I would like to join their members but unfortunately the topics are only in Bulgarian and I hardly can understand some of the topics.
                I think it could be a good idea to make an international section, similar to “Boinaslava” forum, in order to be also accessible to the foreigners. I’m sure there would be many people of abroad who will post messages.
                We have a similar forum in Romania: www.worldwar2.ro/forum and the administrators ask that all messages should be written in English in order to be understood by foreigners. Maybe this is too much, but an international section would be most necessary.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                X