No announcement yet.

Bulgarian generals serving the Czar during WW1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgarian generals serving the Czar during WW1

I would like to know your opinion about Bulgarian generals who served in Russian army during WW1. I can understand gen Ivanov , who simply refused to fight against Russian and its alleys, but Dimitriev or Sarafov fight against their country. :sm186:
    I'm not interested in the opinion that Bulgarian had during or immediately after the War. I would like to know what a Bulgarian think about them now.
    Thanks.

This was not something unique, there are many bulgarian who love Russia far more then Bulgaria.
    Eighteen out of twelve apostles are buried in Spain.

Comment

MCP написа
      I would like to know your opinion about Bulgarian generals who served in Russian army during WW1. I can understand gen Ivanov , who simply refused to fight against Russian and its alleys, but Dimitriev or Sarafov fight against their country. :sm186:
      I'm not interested in the opinion that Bulgarian had during or immediately after the War. I would like to know what a Bulgarian think about them now.
      Thanks.
      When Dimitriev fight directly against his country?

Generaly, the explanation is in the development of the Bulgarian/Russian relationship after 1878.
      Those generals belonged to the pro-Russian group and escaped in Russia after taking part in the pro-russian rebbels in Bulgaria. They were well accepted there, made their careers again, so they found themselves in a second country. They were sworn to the Russian tzar, so they became half-russians.
      Probably there ate other examples like that in the world, so it is relatively normal.

Hans Delbruck написа
      This was not something unique, there are many bulgarian who love Russia far more then Bulgaria.
      Oh, not at all.
      Some were just thinking, that Bulgaria should go with Russia, that`s all.
      Last edited by ; 12-05-2005, 15:39. Причина: Автоматично сливане на двойно мнение

Comment

Working...
      X