Bulgarian medals of WWII period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgarian medals of WWII period

Just the last question about Bulgarian medals

Am I right that Bulgarian soldiers (officers) could wear only three types of native medals during WWII?
    They were Balkan War Commemorative Medal (1912-1913), WWI Commemorative Medal (1915-1918) and Medal for Merit.....Of course only quite old soldiers/officers (veterans) had the first two medals during WWII.

Red Cross Medal was awarded to doctors/nurses during WWI, not to soldiers/officers and Life Saving Medal was very rare and was awarded to life-savers (firemen etc.) - so Bulgarian soldiers/officers didn't have them.

Is this correct? Or somebody has other opinions?

Could anybody help me with the photos of Bulgarian soldiers/officers with those medals, please?

Regards, BIGpanzer

Could anybody help me with any additional info about these two Bulgarian medals (Boris Bronze Medal for Merit and WWI Commemoration) below? Are they fakes or not, and if not is it possible to define where they were minted and when exactly?

As for WWI Commemoration Medal - AFAIK such medals were minted in 1933-1939 in Germany, Switzerland and Bulgaria (minor part), is it possible to identify where the medal below was minted?

Comment

Hi,

I suggest posting your questions here as well:

and here:

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
      ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Hi, Dibo, glad to hear you

Thanks for advice, I've already done this!
        Благодаря, BP

Comment

Working...
        X