No announcement yet.

Some facts from Bulgarian interwar history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Some facts from Bulgarian interwar history

There are quite many sources about 1st and 2nd Balkan wars, as well as about participation of Bulgaria in WWI and WWII.
    1. But I couldn't find any info about Greek-Bulgarian border armed conflicts (October 1925, January-February 1931), the only what I know that the League of Nations prevented the crisis and that during Greek-Bulgarian conflict in 1925 the Greek troops could occupy Bulgarian town Petrich. Could anybody help me with more full information?

2. Also does anybody know what was the so called Orange Guard of Bulgarian premier-minister Stamboliisky, which he used against his political opponents in 1920-1923 as far as I know? I know nothing about it - organization, probably, special uniform or insignia....Please, any info!

Thanks in advance, BIGpanzer

Sorry, Panzer. I hadn't heard about these things before. Where did you get that from? I'd be very interested to read something on this topic for I don't know anything about it and it's shame since I'm a Bulgarian...

Comment

Hello!
      Thanks for the answer.
      I know very-very few about those facts, that is why I posted my questions here, at Bulgarian forum.

See, for example these links: http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/bravo...greece1925.htm
      Answers is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want

Contains the electronic versions of 80 books previously published in hard copy as part of the Country Studies Series by the Federal Research Division. Intended for a general audience, books in the series present a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of select countries throughout the world. Most books in the series deal with a single foreign country, but a few cover several countries or a geographic region. The series includes several books on countries that no longer exist in their original configuration—such as Czechoslovakia, East Germany, the Soviet Union, Sudan, and Yugoslavia. These books remain in the series because they continue to offer valuable historical information and perspective. In some cases, studies on successor states are also part of the series.

Comment

The Orange guard had been a paramilitary or just fighting organization of the Stamobolijski`s party BZNS, created for apllying force towards his political oponents. It is a serious step aside from the classic democracy, made by Stambolijski. What they certainly did is destroying the attempt one opositin congress, qwite brotally, actually, and beating up some oposition leaders. And, to show some resistance against the army during the coup-de-etat at 1923. That`s all i know. (Sorry about my English).

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, KG125

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

Working...
            X