No announcement yet.

Bulgarian Medal for Merit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgarian Medal for Merit

Does anybody know how much medals for Merit were awarded (Boris III type)? Were they awarded during the peaceful time of 1920s-1930s?

I've read recently that there were 2 types of Medal for Merit with Boris III image. What was the difference between them (I would like to identify which I bought)? When did the Medal for Merit (with Boris III) appear, in 1918?

Sorry for quite many questions
    Thanks very much in advance, BIGpanzer

Hi!
    Because I am writing in "International Forum" section, I am using English. Bulgarian, unfortunately, is not an international language.

Anyway, please see the rules of “International Forum”. It was written that “feel free to ask on English, German or Russian”
    I know English and German :sm186:

Also if you have some ESSENTIAL info to post and don't know English, you can write on Bulgarian or Russian, I can understand them a little bit with vocabulary :p .

But as me seems it will be better here, on "International Forum" page, to write "If you are looking for competent opinions and answers for your questions, please write on our native language" instead of "Ако искате компетентни мнения и отговори на Вашите въпроси, то пишете на Нашия роден език".

BIGpanzer

Comment

BigPanzer, there is a direct answer to your question in Bulgarian here

If and when I have a little free time I'll translate it. And I have not forgotten about your requests in the Axis History Forums - it's just that I need time.
      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
      ---Anais Nin----

Comment

Значи...нещо не го разбирате младежа май - той пита за медала "За заслуга" с лика на Борис, не за орден "За военни заслуги", нито за ордена "За заслуга"....И тъй като си мисля, че съм един малък корифей в областта на ордените и медалите, ще си позволя да дам някои обяснения....
        Медала "За Заслуга", тип Борис, е в 4 разновидности, може и да се каже 4 степени, както следва :
        -----------------------------------------------
        1. Сребърен медал "За Заслуга", с корона
        2. Сребърен медал "За Заслуга", без корона
        3. Бронзов медал "За Заслуга" с корона
        4. Бронзов медал "За Заслуга" без корона
        -----------------------------------------------
        Разликата между двата типа е следната : При първата поръчка във Виена, медала е сбъркан и се доставя със грешен надпис на реверса : "Борис, цар на бългрите" /виж снимката, липсва едно "а"/, при втората поръчка нещата са оправени и надписа е нормален : "Борис, цар на българите"....
        Attached Files

Comment

BIGpanzer написа
          Hi!
          Because I am writing in "International Forum" section, I am using English.
          BIGpanzer
          Sure, and that is the point of the forum. Don't mind stupid posts by people who are otherwise pretty tolerant and intelligent - he probably just had a bad day
          albireo написа
          ...в този форум... основно е пълно с теоретици, прогнили интелигенти и просто кръчмаро-кибици...

Comment

Hi, Dibo!

Thanks for the forum link about Bulgarian orders.
            No need to translate, I'll try to do it by myself, but thanks again for the help!

As for my requests at the Axis History Forum about Bulgarian navy and artillery of interwar period - may be you will help me, as I hope, when you will have time

Regards, BIGpanzer

Comment

Hi, ww2!
              Thank you very much for the information about Bulgarian Medal of Merit (Boris III type)! I know about 4 degrees of this medal (silver, bronze, with/without crown each). But I had absolutely no information about the 2 types of it, differ in coining mistake ("бългрите" and "българите"). So this is the information I need!

But do you know the mintage period of both types of the Medal for Merit with Boris III? I know only that the mintage began probably in 1918 (since the Boris III came to the throne after his father, Ferdinand I) and ended in 1943 or 1944. Where such medals were minted (in Austria...)?

Thanks in advance, BIGpanzer

Comment

OK, Imperial, I comletely agree with you!

Comment

BIGpanzer написа
                  Hi, ww2!
                  Thank you very much for the information about Bulgarian Medal of Merit (Boris III type)! I know about 4 degrees of this medal (silver, bronze, with/without crown each). But I had absolutely no information about the 2 types of it, differ in coining mistake ("бългрите" and "българите"). So this is the information I need!

But do you know the mintage period of both types of the Medal for Merit with Boris III? I know only that the mintage began probably in 1918 (since the Boris III came to the throne after his father, Ferdinand I) and ended in 1943 or 1944. Where such medals were minted (in Austria...)?

Thanks in advance, BIGpanzer
                  Аре утре, че са ме мързи.....

Comment

Thanks for the info and nice photos!

AFAIK there was also nickel Medal of Merit (minted during WWII sometimes instead of silver type because of silver shortage).

But I still couldn't find any info about how much (even approximately) of Medal of Merit (Boris III type) were awarded during 1920s-1940s? This was the most popular army medal of Bulgaria, so seems it was awarded to many soldiers and officers.....Also what were the differences in the status of silver/bronze medals with/without crown? I mean to whom the silver with crown and bronze without crown medals were awarded mainly?

Do you know where such medals were minted (in Bulgaria or in Hungary, where many Bulgarian coins were minted in 1930s)?

Comment

Working...
                    X