No announcement yet.

Bulgarian drill regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Време
  • Show

Bulgarian drill regulation

I have just finished to read two books recently published in Italy about Italian and Austrian tatics during World War 1, where I found a lot of informations about the regulations, instructions etc. used by these two powers. Do anybody know wether there is a similar book about Bulgarian Army? I'm expecially interested in правиля, наставления, инструкция, устава and so on about Bulgaria artillery and engineer troops in 1900-1918.
    Many thanks,
    Marco

Will try to find something for you!

Comment

In my modest library have these two books. Whether they are good for you?

1. "Book of the officer in the field" from captains Noikov and Manolov p. 591, Sofia 1912

2. "Strengthening , attack and defence of field positions in connection with the decision of tactical and fortified tasks " from captain Marinov p. 151, Sofia 1902

But both are in old Bulgarian language. I can put the pieces of them here.

Comment

von Danitz написа
        In my modest library have these two books. Whether they are good for you?

1. "Book of the officer in the field" from captains Noikov and Manolov p. 591, Sofia 1912

2. "Strengthening , attack and defence of field positions in connection with the decision of tactical and fortified tasks " from captain Marinov p. 151, Sofia 1902

But both are in old Bulgarian language. I can put the pieces of them here.
        First, many thanks for your kindness.
        I think the first one is more interesting since it was published in the same year of the Balkan War. Moreover the second book was published before the introduction of quick-firing artillery, so I think it is of little interest for me.
        The first book is very great (about 600 pages!), but I'm interested in artillery.
        Really many thanks.
        Best,

Marco

Comment

A partire da domani

Comment

The book is practical manual for officers, it's a small part of artillery guidance. There are all kinds of shooting, and balloon and height measurements, etc. And also complicated calculations...

Download

Comment

Много благодаря !
              Till now I have only taken a look to the booklet, but it seems very interesting. There are a lot of thechnical remarks and complex calculations, but there are also a lot of tactical informations that I did not know, expecially about field howitzers. ASIK the Bulgarian Army adapted French regulations for its (French) QF guns. So to have at least an idea of the Bulgarian regulations you can read the French texts. But the French artillery school thought that only light field artillery (the marveillous soxante-quinze) was adapt for a modern war and after the outbreak of WW1 did not adopt heavy field artillery (actually the only true modern field howitzer used by the French artillery during WW1 was the 120mm howitzers ordered by Bulgaria in 1913 and se by French Army in 1915). This meant that I have no French regulations about the use of howitzers in battle. But I is very important for me to know the Bulgarian doctrine about the use of heavy field artillery and fortress artillery, I'm expecially interested in the siege of Odrin. This is the first time that I can know anything about the use of artillery not only in field battle, but also against fortifications.
              Now I have only to start the hard work of translation, but in the last two years I made a great improvement in understanting your language!

Comment

Marco, this is something which is a very clear for all of us, but if I can help, I will be happy to help you!

Comment

First of all I would like to thank von Danitz for the pages about artillery that you had posted here and for "БЪЛГАРСКАТА АРМИЯ В ПЕРИОДА НА ГОЛЯМАТА ВОЙНА" that I could find in another site of the "Boinaslava family".
                  If it is possible to collect a lot of informations about Bulgarian Army/Artillery during the Balkan Wars, their involvement in the Great War is less known, and every new information I can find is greatly welcomed.

But the artillery pages of the manual are a sort a dream become a reality for me! This fact push me to ask more, if possible. Can you post also the pages about artillery of the book published in 1902? It would be very interesting to known the evolution of the artillery tatics before and after the adoption of quick-firing artillery.

If I can do anything to thanks and repay you and everybody here helped me so gratly during the last years, I would like do my help.

Best
                  Marco

Comment

Working...
                  X